In Which I Sing

This past week there was a Christian music camp going on at a local church. I was working and couldn't make it to classes, but I joined the mass choir that practiced in the evenings. My voice is nothing great, trust me, but I love singing. 
There was a dress code. You had to wear a dress to practices. Not having any, I borrowed a couple from some Amish coworkers. It was incredibly...interesting wearing amish dresses. For one thing, they can't have zippers. I had to have help several times to get those things on and off. My head had the hardest time getting through the little neck hole. 
I added the belt to make it look a little dressier. Plus I wear belts whenever possible.
I have very few pictures from the week. We sang and sang and sang. But, after the practices, there was always something fun to do. 
The one night a bunch of us coworkers had a sleepover. Since I was already wearing the dress, one of them lent me her cap and I became all the way Amish. =) (That's Leah, my good friend, next to me.)
Another night there was a volley ball game with old friends. This is Sharla and Sue.
One evening my friend Jess and I went shopping after practice and found this little guy. He looks slightly freaked out. Minions!!!
I stole this off her face book page, but here is Jess and Rosanna. A bunch of us choir members went out for coffee one evening. I love these girls. Aren't they gorgeous?!
This was the night of the concert. Sherri was very supportive and came to hear me/us!!! The concert itself was SO MUCH fun. I'll always be glad I joined. And always wish I had some more pictures to show for it.
Jess. Truly an amazing human being. She was also the one who convinced me to give the choir a try. 
Two more lovely people...Katrina and Bekah; they keep me laughing.
 As well as keeping me young. (Acting it, anyway.)
And that's all the pictures I have to show for such and amazing week.

Comments

Bethany Carson said…
Love the purple dress with the belt! Sounds like you had a great week!
Rissi said…
Fun post! Love how you dressed up your look with belts and of course, the Minion picture. How cute! :)
Tiffany said…
You make a beautiful 'Amish' lady!

Popular posts from this blog

“Hi, my name is Maria and I’ll be taking care of you this evening.”

June

Amish Wedding